‘Tastes like a mother’s love’
Sometimes when im eating out I have an urge to get leek and potato soup. This is an urge that I always repress because what I’m thinking about isn’t the pale grey tasteless slop often served as a soup of the day. I'm thinking of my mothers invention created n i fit of annoyance and the insistence that something with those ingredients does not have to be crap.
The soup
Leeks (about six)
Garlic (four cloves)
Potatoes
Cream cheese (boursin is best but something with herbs is good)
Butter
Milk
Vegetable stock
Salt and white pepper
- Peel and cut your potatoes, boil them until tender in the vegetable stock.
- While the potatoes boil saute the leeks and garlic gently in butter.
- When the leeks are soft stir in the cheese and let it out with milk about ¼ of a mug.
- Add the tender potatoes and enough of their water to give it a consistency you are happy with.
- Either stir vigorously and violently or slightly mash half of the soup with a potato masher.
Serve with good white bread and butter for a comforting carb overload.
Comments
Post a Comment