'I've been chasing this one for a very long time'
I think I heard these words in combination on Masterchef Australia for the first time and ever since its been bubbling in the back of my mind. The major problem of this recipe is that if you put any apriciable amount of lemon juice into cream it will, due to the evils of chemistry, split. The answer was cashew cream. This is a less is more kind of curry. I like this recipe mainly because it makes pepper the hero and we so often take pepper for granted but it is delicious given the chance.
Ingredients
Paneer (cubed)
Frozen peas (a cupful)
Cashew nuts (about half a cupful)
Ginger (a thumb)
Garlic (equal to ginger )
Chili (enough to make it as hot as you want it to be, but remember that the pepper will bring some heat)
Onions (two sliced into semi circles)
Lemon (2 zest/1 juice)
Peppercorns (ideally red and black, freshly ground this is the main flavor be bold)
Cumin (about a teaspoon)
Turmeric (powder, just to colour)
I think I heard these words in combination on Masterchef Australia for the first time and ever since its been bubbling in the back of my mind. The major problem of this recipe is that if you put any apriciable amount of lemon juice into cream it will, due to the evils of chemistry, split. The answer was cashew cream. This is a less is more kind of curry. I like this recipe mainly because it makes pepper the hero and we so often take pepper for granted but it is delicious given the chance.
Ingredients
Paneer (cubed)
Frozen peas (a cupful)
Cashew nuts (about half a cupful)
Ginger (a thumb)
Garlic (equal to ginger )
Chili (enough to make it as hot as you want it to be, but remember that the pepper will bring some heat)
Onions (two sliced into semi circles)
Lemon (2 zest/1 juice)
Peppercorns (ideally red and black, freshly ground this is the main flavor be bold)
Cumin (about a teaspoon)
Turmeric (powder, just to colour)
- Make cashew cream by blending cashew nuts in water until they are smooth. start by just covering the nuts in warm water. then add until you end up with something like stiff cream.
- Add ginger chili and garlic to the cashew nuts and blend until smooth.
- Begin sauteing onions on medium heat, let them get some colour.
- When the onions are translucent add half of the pepper, half the lemon zest and the cumin seeds. cook for around five minuets. add your peas and paneer.
- Add your cashew cream and 2/3 of your lemon juice. Bring to a gentle simmer then correct the consistency by adding water. I like it to be thick and creamy.
- Add salt, lemon (zest and juice) and pepper to taste.
- Stir in a bunch of chopped Coriander.
Serve this with rice or chapatti or naan. I particularly like serving this with brown rice because of the nuttiness it brings to the dish.

Comments
Post a Comment